"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Friday 20 April 2012

A Crazy little thing called Chili Blue.......

"It'll be great" she says, "Jason has done it before, he loved it"......


Those are the words from B that I kept hearing in my head going up this poxy mountain. After 30 minutes I was Donald Ducked. Continuous climbing uphill, my poor Sambas were getting a proper workout. B ain't fairing too well. Me and James are keeping a steady pace chatting away about football, mainly Shelbourne and his boys, Hull City. That was quite enjoyable but probably the only enjoyable thing for the next 8 hours. We're stopping every half hour to try collect ourselves and mainly to ponder why we had taken on this death mountain. The only thing getting me through it was pretending I was Indiana Jones.

In all honesty most of the journey has turned into a blur, apart from a heap of steps that looked like they would never end, Going down them later should prove difficult. Special mention to Mr Miyagi, walking up in sandals, and umbrella and a cigarette, which is constantly super imposed to his hand.

We entertain ourselves by chatting about stupid things we've done in our pasts and while this conversation is mostly in relation to me, one part stands out the most and it was actually only as recent as Angeles City.

B: Dan, I've just been onto Ann Marie on Facebook and she said we've to visit this rare breed of monkey

Me: Go on....

B: It's called the Orange.you.tan (I have purposely spelt it this way as that is how she pronounced it.)

Me: You mean the Orang-u-tan?

I'll stop there as the conversation went worse from there when even after me explaining she still went psycho at me. How dare I insult her sisters :)

Eventually, when I say that, I mean a couple of hours later, the penny drops with her.

It's an awful lot funnier when you say it out loud and I love telling it.

Did you really think I'd forgotten?? Really????



Anyway, we get to a section of this poxy mountain that looks we've hit a 1960' desert. It's sand and stone everywhere it looks like nothing I've seen before.

Just thinking about typing the journey up is making me exhausted and my legs feel like rubber.

It's never ending, so it seems, no, it just is......

We make it 3/4 of the way up with the final 1/4 being the hardest apparently. So we stop overnight in dorms. It's around 5pm and we're proper wrecked like never before.

Cold showers and some Malaysian cuisine is enjoyed before bed at 7.

I am proper dreading getting up at 1.30am to do the rest of this as I can hear the rain belting down. I'm starting to wish I had bought boots as my Sambas are crying in the corner with fear of tomorrow.

Oh well, see how many injuries I get in the next installment, Cheers fockers.

No comments:

Post a Comment