"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Saturday 7 April 2012

Can't stop the Jock.....

Vigan is one of my favourite places I've seen, just for the old Spanish styled buildings and horses and cart's everywhere. I felt like I was an extra in a Zorro film. The people were over the top friendly too. Sound skins.

So we head out walking with no real idea where we were going or what we wanted to do, not the best idea in 30+ degree heat with no sun cream on, but when in the Phillies.....

A 2 hour stroll leads us to the "beach". It was the sea with about 7 rocks. We really enjoyed it though, nice and relaxing and we still hadn't touched a beer since Alona. Got a tricycle back to the village we were staying in and just pottered around, it was so laid back, just lovely. We decided to dip into the culture and get a horse and cart around the town and done a few typical activities, like, pottery, quiet gardens and ringing bell towers. We almost helped a monkey escape his cage too, if I ever go back there, I'll do it. Although knowing me, I'll free him and he'd get eaten by a hawk or something as soon as he tastes freedom!

That's pretty much it for Vigan, it was a chill out spot more than anything. The plan now was to start heading back down south as at the moment, we are at the very tip of the north. It's coach time again. Destination; Baguio, the highest spot in the Philippines. Now I've no idea how high up we are, but the bus broke down twice trying to get up there and we end up over the clouds. Fantastic sight I must say. The 7 hour bus journey has us wrecked, an absolute gent who's name I can't remember brings us to this lovely, newly built hotel. it's fantastic, except, the staff can't speak English and have no idea how to run the place. Think an Asian Fawlty Towers and you've got it in one. Several times B was showering and the power went off, so she's standing in the room, covered in soap while the staff are trying to fix the heater. Absolute gold watching them run around while B is freaking out.

One day, went out for the day, horse riding. Sh-eeee-ite was it scary.

My horse looked like Lisbeth Salander, with a mohawk and a mean personality. He starts cantering or galloping (whatever ya call it) around and muggins here is on the back with no helmet (sorry ma) running around the streets of Baguio not able to stop. B is sauntering round like the Queen on a summers day. I survived that and in doing so used up one of my numerous lives I seem to have. We went and seen an actual Mummy, all mummified an' that. Deadly.

My favourite day in Baguio was the day I had a large lasagne and garlic bread for breakfast, chicken adobo and rice a few hours later, then a Thai green curry and on the way home from the restaurant got another large lasagne and garlic bread and 12 Dunkin' Donuts and a few boxes of pringles. I'm so fat it's great.


I should mention, I have the look of a man who is well travelled, with very long hair and a pathetic attempt at a beard.

Time for a beer? Yes.

Out in this really nice bar on a strip called "session road" you couldn't make it up.

I'm running out of time here so I've got to skip on a bit but we end up sitting with these Philippino gangsters. I had no clue, chatting away to them as if they were my best mates getting annoyed that B kept kicking my leg. I thought she had a problem with her knee.

I'm a bit well on so I don't really remember how we done it, but combined we managed to talk our way out of this interesting predicament and keep on trucking down Session Road.

The next morning it was down to my favourite Super hero cafe for a large lasagne....


After Baguio we were hitting a place called Angeles City, infamous for it's sex industry, clubs and drugs. It's an OAP's playground.

B is sceptical. I can't wait.

That's all for today folks, I'm off to the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment