"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Saturday 14 April 2012

''Alright, Calm down Lisa ''Left Eye'' Lopez...."

Apologies for that. I want to dedicate this Blog entry to Room 208, it'll make sense in time.


The very PG rated visit to Angeles was turned X-rated when matey boy here mixed up our flight times so we ended up in the airport in Clarke 9 hours before we were supposed to. Clarke is in the back arse of nowhere, it was an old airbase for the Yankees back in the day. B is on an absolute mentaller so I steer clear for a while.

This was bringing an end to our 6 weeks in the Phillies. 6 weeks of Tricycles, jeepneys, crazy Philippino people   who drive on the wrong side of the road, no traffic lights, eating rice 8 times a day, TAGAY-ing, sound beaches, getting blurry on Red Horse, pesos, jungles and just pure mayhem.

The best 6 weeks of my life was had in these manic 7,100 islands. I really recommend this place to anyone. Unreal. But now we were moving on, next stop Kota Kinabalu, Borneo, Malaysia. This was a place I've always wanted to visit although I hear the drinking laws are strict enough, this may cause problems, although at the end of the day it can't do any harm. So the plan is to stay off it.....

PSYCH!!!


Our first place we get to is run by a little old woman who freaks at me when I walk in with my shoes on. Word of advice, don't walk in with your shoes on.

After my scolding we go to sleep in our box with the plan of attempting Mt. Kinabalu the following day. Kinabalu is supposedly the highest peak in South East Asia. Sure you can't go all the way here and not do it.


We get up early, shower on the garden balcony with a hose and head for the poxy mountain.


Where are my sunglasses?

Shiza.

We meet a top Yankee enroute named Kate, a Boston native. She's going to join us and while we're at the foot of this beast we meet Rachel and James, from Engurlund. A proper posse now.

The only thing was missing was a heroic guide and this was solved when we're introduced to our fella. Think Mr Miyagi from the Karate kid, meets Splinter from the Turtles. He's a wise lad who's 3 foot nothing with a proper taste for the fags. Fun times ahead.



Next up is Poxy mountains, poxy mountains and poxy mountains.



I'm off now to sort my life out, g'luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment