"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Tuesday 20 March 2012

The early Worm catches the bird.....

For those of you who haven't visited the wonderful islands of The Phillies, I'll try my best to describe it for you in as little rambling as possible and without being too general.

They're all crazy.

Our first day there and me and B are travelling round in a tricycle. Now in my day, a tricycle was a childs toy vehicle, however, not here. The mode of transport we find ourselves in is a 1980's Honda bike with a side car stuck to the side with sellotape and Hubba Bubba. They have a saying there "only in the Philippines" and I found myself saying it quite a bit, especially over B's screaming.

We had a Philly style house party in Bacoor in Cavite with a heroic family, absolute nutters. They made us a cake and had banners 'n that to welcome us. The Red Horse came out next. I swear as a seasoned drinker( which I'm sure a fair few of you will back me up on) I have never seen anything like this juice. They claim it's 6.9% but I've heard stories they just bottle it at that because otherwise it has to be imported as wine. Either way, this cowboy will drink slop from a dirty welly, so it's going down swimmingly in a game of TAGAY!! (Cheers in Tagalog, the local dialect) Basically you shout it out and you drink, best drinking game, ever!

There's a fair bit of slagging going on between myself and herself, mostly about my stupid looking whiskers I'm spouting and the fact she looks like Mufasa because her hair has poofed out, although I personally thought she looked a bit Side-show Bob-esque.

We hit this bar for some shits and giggles and we order a tower of San Miguel and get chatting to the bar staff. One beauty is chatting away to us and when she goes to get us our next drink, I partake in a conversation that I never thought I'd be having with my friend. Here it goes;

B: Ehhh, she is mad for you
Me: I actually think she's on the other side of the pitch, she's staring at you licking her lips
B: No, definitely you
Me: Let's keep this going and see how it ends up..

Turns out we were both right.

Needless to say, we're heading out the door, but not before I sneakily exchange phone numbers with her when B isn't looking!! My first offer for a 3some and I'm only 3 days into it. Result.


The next installment is going to be about dressing up as Ninjas going up an active volcano, my first attempt at pole dancing and being searched for bombs (can I say that word out loud?) in the shopping centre.


 Til' next time, becareful and if you can't becareful, buy a pram. Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment