"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Monday 19 March 2012

Ahh, they have the internet on computers now....

So, it's the 2nd of October 2011. Flights and visa are sorted and I'm just about putting the finishing touches on my 8 kilos of luggage that I'll be living out of for the forseeable future.

The Philippines is our first destination, arriving in Manila before almost straight away heading to Cavite to stay for a few days (it's basically the Wicklow of Ireland, in that it's situated 15 minutes outside the capital,has skinny cattle and a Catholic church) but not before airport pints, the only way to properly start an adventure.

After me and Bella (not her real name but I decided on an alias, rather than B Cunningham or Bernadette C) had sunk a few pints, we grabbed the staff seats on the very snazzy Etihad flights at 8pm. Given what I have been living in the past 6 months, I should have really enjoyed it more. The mint toothpicks whilst watching the Big Bang Theory was the highlight of the flight.

A 3 hour stop over in Abu Dhabi was met by more pints, just to help us sleep for the next flight. A word of advice, don't take two 7.5 mg of Zimovane to help you sleep after pints and cans, 3 hours before you land. Although to be fair, it kicked things off in style.

After landing in lil 'ol Manila at 1am on the 4th of Oct, greeted by the hoardes of minature Philippinos running around in circles like one of them scenes out of the many Pixar films about insects, our luggage is retrieved and we meet our roomies who we're staying with. They're relatives of Philly friends I have in Dublin. they have a car and an Oasis CD. I may have been travelling for 2 hours but there's a talk of getting some beer so this pleases me.

Probably the quietest night of my whole 6 months travelling, it gets better so tell your friends and click to follow.... go on.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment