"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Wednesday 19 September 2012

"A stitch in five saves fifteen or whatever" - Karl Pilkington

Krabi, part 2 was grand for the first day or two, but quickly got tiresome for me.

It was a small sea side town. Like Bray (or Blackpool if you're English) but without the cheesy amusements.

There were 4 good things of note to report from here.

1) Meeting the heroic Donny boy, a Scottish gent in his 50's doing a round the world trip.
2) Hitting Riley Beach and doing some rock climbing with an awesome New Zealand  girdle.
3) Meeting up with the Scousers (yet again) and having an awesome moment where there were 4 adult blokes on the back of a moped flying down the "motorway" with a bottle of whiskey singing "Whatever" by Oasis. Pretty awesome.
4) Met a heap of sound folk at this one little bar I became a regular at, resulting in playing Connect 4 and whooping everyone and thus putting my Tubing demons to bed. I even met a nice Galway girl, Laura, you'd swear there was a song about it, wouldn't you?

In truth, too much time was spent in this one trick town.

I got a little bit home sick here but it was quickly doused after a few calls home. First and last time I missed everyone in the Auld country.

I suppose I should talk a bit about the rock climbing. I was lying on Riley beach by myself when this lovely young lady approaches me, sits beside me and starts asking the usual questions;

How are ya? Where you from? (which she guesses herself, correctly, shocking) How long you staying for? blah blah blahhhhh....

She's actually really cool and we are chatting away for a good hour before she asks if I want to go rock climbing with her.... and who am I to say no?


My level you ask? Beginner, you say?


I'm a pro of course for the purpose of this conversation, I can't lose face here.


Rock climbing is deadly, for the little bit I done. We saw some beautiful sights and had a good laugh along the way until we get  to a point where my knee plays up.It seriously does(although don't get me wrong, I'm ferociously unfit and I ain't shying away from that) so I call it  day early. She takes my details with a view to meet up at a later date, or in Perth, where she lives, when I eventually get to Australia. Perth? Really??

Another thing off the "to-do" list :)


B has been off having  great time with a gang she met, but me? I'm bored beyond belief, it's time to move on, tomorrow is Christmas Eve, how time flies and other such cliches.

To Khao Lak with us to treat ourselves to a 5 star newly built hotel.

Sure what else would you be doing?

Another journey that will take 3 buses to get there.

Here we go again.

Short entry here but next up is ..... just all kinds of awesome.


Sssssss'later!


No comments:

Post a Comment