"Lets make like a branch and get the fuck out of here" - Shane O'Neill

So I'm in a job that frustrates the Jaysus out of me, paying through the nose for an apartment in skagsville, drink with the same gobshites every week and support a football club that disappoint me more than when Ghostbusters was cancelled from that ideal Saturday morning slot as a youngfella.

So what do you do? Grab your mate, leggit and don't look back!

Monday 6 August 2012

"Playing goon pong at the Opera House? Kinda like wankin' in church, isn't it?"

There's been quite a delay since the last edition, apologies.

I'm gonna skip through Vientiane now, the only thing of note was the lads trying to rip us off when we were getting our extended Thai Visas. Luckily we were seasoned pros now and were having none of it.

Vientiane, see ya after... we were off to Krabi down south of Thailand now but first of all, we had a stop over in Bangkok for about 9 hours. Excellent.

B wants to see bloody Twilight again. Usually I'd be having none of it, but I'm tired and my bones ache so I go along with it to keep her hush. ;) What happens next is quite hilarious and saved me from having to watch a film about a young girls choice between necrophilia and beastiality.

Ching, or Chang, this sound Thai gent, over hearing us arguing about what to do for the day literally grabs us and starts directing us around the city. Floating markets on a speed boat were a highlight, even if I almost fell in the river. Never been so happy to see curtains on a boat!

We stopped for food in this little Thai garage and what d'ya know, Ching or Chang has gone and gotten us some Chang, the Red Horse of Thailand! Oh dear.....

Well one leads to ten isn't just an Irish thing it would seem. We exchange numbers with this heroic 60+ year old (even though we don't have a phone of any sort) and trod along to get our bus to Krabi. It's the only time we had been ripped off so far but feck it, ya learn from this kinda shit. It won't happen again that's for sure.

We meet an English couple of girls whose names I don't remember, Becky was one of them I think but I can't be too sure. But we buzz off them for a bit, they're off to Phi Phi though so they get their bus and they're gone. We're in Surrethani at this stage I should mention, waiting for our connecting bus. Finally get it and get dropped off in Krabi town. We find a nice place to stay in, plan is to take it ham and sleazy for our few days here then head to Phi Phi as rumor has it, a pair of Scousers are there with some other tubing buddies.

Take it easy we did, done a few boat trips, island hopping and such. Few Canadian people and one crackin' Slovak girl on it, it was good wholesome fun, which had been needed so I could show me ma I was doing more than just drinking out of plastic containers and falling over.

I think we got to see the island here that James Bond "The Man with the Golden Gun" was filmed on. Details are sketchy. One of the islands was deadly, it was a strip of sand in the sea and it disappeared at certain times during the day. Whopper.

Night markets were my favorite thing about the fairly limited Krabi. Cheap as fuck and you could see foreigners or "farang" didn't shop around here as we were getting the whole "take a photo with my baby" schpeel.


B's feeling rather down on our last night here so I done a rather nice thing if I do say so myself. I bought her a butterfly necklace ....

and 5 bottles of merlot. The most heroic part was I bought them from an underground beer baron.


5 bottles of wine later, we've invited a German couple into our room and start telling our most horrendous jokes, dunno how that happened. Beer has been introduced. Shiza!

Wake up the next morning surprisingly fresh and I'm bouncing as we're checking out to go Phi Phi, a quick trip to the port and then it's going to be a heavenly experience. My first shot at the infamous Thai islands. Yerrrah!



Next is meeting new pals and old amigos, hat-trick heroes, the Reggae bar and Slinky's...

I wuv Phi Phi!




No comments:

Post a Comment